Foster Family Duties
- Feed – may be necessary 2 to 4 times a day, every 4 hours or less for infants
- Clean bowls
- Supply fresh food and water
- Clean area where animal urinates and defecates; check for problems (bloody urine, runny stools)
- Accustom the animal to grooming
- Check entire animal thoroughly for symptoms of health problems (especially important after spay/neuter surgery. This can be done while grooming.
- Play with and socialize the animal.
- We recommend that you keep written records of the animal’s weight, food intake, medicines, deworming/vaccinations and other information.
As Needed Duties
- Check weight – every other day for very young, once a week for older animals.
- Check regularly to ensure that all vaccine/deworming schedules are met and make appointments with Foster Department (may require trips to shelter).
- Clean bedding
- Trim nails – Accustoms the dog/puppy to having its feet worked with, lessens scratching damage
- Schedule spay/neuter surgery during foster care, if applicable. Please notify the Foster Coordinator when surgery has been scheduled and completed.
- 23 Dec 2013Beagle PuppyAsheville, North Carolina Male or female Beagle puppies. 8 weeks to 1 year....
- 23 Dec 2013Basenji or Miniature PoodleBrevard, North Carolina 6 months to 3 years old. Must do well with dogs and goats. Good personality...
- 15 Dec 2013Standard (Maxi) DachshundCary, North Carolina Adult to senior, standard female. Adopter is elderly, disabled woman with 10 ye...
- 14 Dec 2013Small-Medium Dog (Non-Specific Breed)Asheville, NC Small dog or puppy under 30 lbs. Breed not important. No children or other pets in the...
- 13 Dec 2013Sweet-Natured Dog (Not Breed Specific)Asheville, North Carolina Non-breed specific. Sweet-natured and great with kids. Up to medium sized....
- 05 Aug 2013This is how we let them go.The #1 question always asked to me about fostering is, “How can you let them go?” This i...
- 24 Jun 2013ADOPTED!! Gentle Giant Ready for Adoption in Marshall, NCTerra is a super sweet 2 year old Great Pyrenees/Bloodhound mix who is available for adoption in Mar...